Does Your Brand Tell a Powerful Story?
When I was approached by DoCare Geelong and had that first planning meeting with Stuart Müller their Executive Officer, I knew straight away that what is going to make this video project successful – is a powerful story.
All the latest equipment, creative approach, smart effects can help, but everything will be decided on our ability to capture emotions and tell a story in an engaging way.
One of the best ways for an entrepreneur or an organisation to get a leg up in this competitive climate and differentiate yourself from the rest of the pack is to tell your brand story.
Fast forward some dozen or so interviews, numerous locations, couple of previews and we’ve had a final cut – the DVD was ready. Big scene, The National Volunteers Day, large group of volunteers and clients, board members, sponsors and distinguished guests…
“Thursday morning went very well and the DVD was very well received … volunteers and Board Members were most impressed with the result.” I was reading Stuart’s email the following day,
“Everyone asked me how did we get those fantastic stories!”
This is the third in a series of three videos you can watch online, each one covering one of three main services DoCare offers::
When we met next time for the preview of DoCare’s induction video we spoke more about the impact video has had in that short period of time; “Video has brought all team together, both staff and volunteers as many of them were involved in the making of the video. It’s a great story and everyone is proud that they’ve been involved…”
Story is how we connect with each other. Wonder why the emerging social networking sites are so popular? The answer is because people crave the emotional and powerful connection that comes through telling a story.
The best brand stories are irresistible, compelling and provocative in a way that your target audience is going to consume, seamlessly and effortlessly. Telling that kind of brand story will position you and your company as a leader in marketplace.
Take Apple, for example. Its brand story challenges you to “think different”, to join the group and the cause. To adopt an innovative and pioneering spirit and to dare to get “The computer for the rest of us.”
Why is storytelling important to your business?
- An authentic brand story makes you memorable.
- It differentiates you as desirable.
- It brings your brand to life.
- Your target market becomes hugely responsive.
- It positions you as an expert in your field.
If you’re ready to start shaping your brand story, remember this tip: If you want others to recognise you, the best way is to recognise yourself first. Before you tell your brand story, recognsise the kind of message and meaning you want to embed in your story.
You personality (your image) shapes your brand story and consequently your image (your story) will shape your audience’s perception about your brand.
Please leave a comment or tell us YOUR brand’s story.
Video4Marketing blog is powered by VideoVault your video production studio.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Thanks a Million! Supporting National Volunteer Week
- APCO Franchisee of The Year Awards for 2012
- Festive season “Thank You” Video
- The Importance of Social Proof | Testimonial Video
- How to use Online Video Marketing in Tourism and Hospitality
- Why did General Motors Unfriend Facebook? The Whole Story.
- Winning Hearts and Minds – my Valentine’s Day [Video]
- HR and Recruitment flying high with Video – Interview with RedBalloon’s Naomi Simson
- Does Your Brand Tell a Powerful Story?
- The Future of Video Marketing